Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
APPROVED FOR 6.5 CATEGORY A CEUS
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
To complete this HOME STUDY course learners will need to complete the following:
1. Read PDF chapters from Emergency Care in Athletic Training
2. Complete a Course Assessment
3. Complete a Course Evaluation
This course will prepare athletic trainers to provide emergency treatment for acute sports-related injuries and illnesses in children, adolescents, and adults—on and off the field. Noted practitioners and educators address all aspects of the evaluation and management of the full-range of medical problems that may be encountered. From emergency evaluation and airway management through the major categories of injury, this timely text meets a critical need in the classroom and in practice.
At the conclusion of the course, the reader will be able to:
1. Identify the key components in organizing an emergency plan.
2. Describe cardiac symptoms and care of the critically injured athlete.
3. Distinguish the proper equipment use during airway management.
4. Identify and apply head and cervical spine injuries and emergency treatments.
5. Interpret signs and symptoms of general medical, abdominal and thoracic conditions
6. Distinguish signs, symptoms and treatments of various environmental illnesses.
7. Apply appropriate orthopedic emergency management.
8. Construct a plan for challenging spine boarding environment.
9. Associate signs and symptoms of the psychological impact of emergency situations.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 6.5 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.
You selected to get the course Emergency Care in Athletic Tr... (18FAEC). Please Login or Signup to get it.