APPROVED FOR 3.0 EBP CEUs
This Clinical Evidence Based Practice course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
This Clinical EBP course covers the following topics:
Management of Asthma
Management of Diabetes Mellitus
Safe Weight Loss
Sickle Cell Trait
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Identify the signs and symptoms and proper treatment of an asthma attack.
2. Understand the best practices regarding managing an athlete with asthma.
3. Identify the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes, the signs and symptoms, and treatment of a
4. Understand the best practices regarding managing the diabetic athlete.
5. Understand the athletic trainer’s role in preventing and treating an athlete with disordered eating.
6. Recognize safe and unsafe weight loss and weight maintenance strategies for athletes.
7. Recognize risk factors and symptoms that are associated with sickle cell trait and exertional activity.
8. Understand best practices for the prevention and management of exertional sickling.
9. Understand best practices for the prevention and management of skin diseases in athletes.
Sport Safety International is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for a maximum 3.0 hours of EBP Category continuing education. Certified Athletic Trainers are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent participating in the continuing education activity.
BOC Approved EBP Provider #: P8228-3
This course is valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
You selected to get the course EBP2: General Medical Managem... (18EBP2). Please Login or Signup to get it.